- Our websites ()
- Other paid products and services that are available on or through our websites
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are a few examples:
- Basic Communication Information: We ask for your contact information. For example, we require your email for mailing lists, and your name and email to contact you. You may provide us with more information at your discretion.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us, such as a translation, you will provide additional personal information that is required to process the transaction (for example, for Paypal payment processing).
- Communications with Us (Hi There!): You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys or communicate with us.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services from Google Analytics (Google Inc.). This includes page views and general device or web browser information. We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from third-party services for marketing and advertising purposes.
How We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our Services;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services;
- To monitor and protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of our Services and others;
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered in relation to our Services and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on our Services and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations and serve relevant advertisements.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information) and those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers).
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of our Services, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly. This includes, for example, comments you post on our Services.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: You can choose not to provide information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services may not be accessible.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: You can choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using our Services. In the case that our Services use first-party cookies, there may be a drawback that certain features of our Services may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
Other Things You Should Know (Keep Reading!)
By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S., Australia, and other countries, which may have rights and protections that are different from those in your home country.
Our Services do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If notified or found that our Services has in its database the personally-identifiable information of a child under the age of 13, such information will be securely destroyed.
We keep your information for the time necessary to provide services you have opted into, or until our Services are contacted by you, at which point we will securely destroy your data.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us.
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Third Party Software
If you’d like to use third party software like plugins with our Services, please keep in mind that when you interact with them you may provide information about yourself to those third parties. We don’t own or control these third parties and they have their own rules about collection, use and sharing of information. You should review their rules and policies when installing and using third party software.
Updates and changes will be posted here.